WHEN I’M SICK I WANT COMFORT FOOD
I’ve been down with a number of issues for about three weeks.
My body won’t do much physical work.
My fuzzy mind can’t think through anything very complicated.
So I’ve found myself doing one of my favorite things – browsing through recipes.
Thankfully I have two adult daughters who work from home and I can often pull them in to make lunch or dinner.
We all enjoy trying new recipes.
After I pick one I make sure we have the ingredients.
Then I send them a photo and a message that says, “I want this!”
Who can say no to your mother when she’s sick?
Chicken Alfredo Dip by Melissa Baker
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (about 1 large breast)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add salt, parsley, and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk and whisk until combined. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until thickened and smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese and ½ cup mozzarella until melted.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add Alfredo sauce and beat until combined. Stir in chicken.
- Spread into a medium baking dish (1-1.5 quarts) and top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and beginning to brown, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days until ready to bake. Serve with veggies, crackers and crusty bread.
(We will not share your address)
©First Fruit Designs
©Write the Vision
All rights reserved